Webinar Invitation: Third Accountability and Transparency Review Team (ATRT3) Final Report
This page is available in:
LOS ANGELES – 29 June 2020 – The third Accountability and Transparency Review Team (ATRT3) invites the community to participate in a webinar on its Final Report [PDF, 3.92 MB]. There are two opportunities to participate:
- 15 July 2020 at 15:30-16:30 UTC
- 16 July 2020 at 07:00-08:00 UTC
During the webinar, the ATRT3 will present an overview of the recommendations in its Final Report and answer questions. Details on how to attend are available here.
The ATRT3 Final Report [PDF, 3.92 MB] contains five recommendations with regard to ICANN accountability and transparency in the following areas:
- Prioritization of review and Cross-Community Working Group on Enhancing ICANN Accountability, Work Stream 2 (WS2) recommendations.
- Amending Specific and Organizational Reviews.
- Accountability and transparency relating to Strategic and Operational Plans including accountability indicators.
- Public input.
- Assessment of the implementation of ATRT2 recommendations.
On 16 June 2020, the ATRT3 Final Report [PDF, 3.92 MB] was issued for Public Comment to inform Board action on the ATRT3’s final recommendations. The Public Comment proceeding will close at 23:59 UTC on 31 July 2020.
ICANN’s mission is to help ensure a stable, secure, and unified global Internet. To reach another person on the Internet, you need to type an address – a name or a number – into your computer or other device. That address must be unique, so computers know where to find each other. ICANN helps coordinate and support these unique identifiers across the world. ICANN was formed in 1998 as a not-for-profit public-benefit corporation with a community of participants from all over the world.