STACK Plans to Develop 12MW Data Center on Newly Acquired Plot in Atlanta
STACK INFRASTRUCTURE, a company delivering wholesale build-to suit, colocation, and powered shell solutions in seven U.S. markets today, announced plans for expansion of its data center campus in Atlanta, bringing STACK’s total critical capacity in this market to 20MW. The planned development would more than double STACK’s capacity to support hyperscale and enterprise clients.
“STACK is experiencing outsized demand in Atlanta based on the favorable business climate, low overall operating costs, and robust infrastructure. The expansion of our campus will enable us to help our clients further anchor their presence in the Southeast,” said Matt VanderZanden, Chief Strategy Officer of STACK.
STACK intends to break ground on a new two-story, 12MW data center to be developed on a recently acquired 6-acre land parcel adjacent to STACK’s existing data center in Alpharetta, Georgia.
“STACK’s expansion strategy continues to be driven by the needs of our clients and this is another example of our commitment to establishing strong footholds with room for growth and campus economics in their most important markets,” said Matt VanderZanden, Chief Strategy Officer of STACK. “STACK is experiencing outsized demand in Atlanta based on the favorable business climate, low overall operating costs, and robust infrastructure. The expansion of our campus will enable us to help our clients further anchor their presence in the Southeast.”
STACK’s land acquisition in Atlanta is the latest of six expansion projects announced over the last twelve months that will collectively add more than 400MW of critical capacity to STACK’s offering. These included:
- January 2020: Plans for a 125-acre hyperscale data center campus in Prince William County, Virginia in partnership with the Peterson Companies.
- January 2020: Plans for a 32MW data center on its campus in San Jose, California.
- October 2019: Expansion into a new market, New Albany, Ohio, via the acquisition of a purpose-built, Tier III data center. STACK’s New Albany campus includes development land that has the potential to add an additional 32MW of capacity.
- September 2019: Plans for an 80+MW expansion of its Portland data center campus, which is currently under development.
- June 2019: Plans for a 20+MW, multi-story data center adjacent to its existing facility in Chicago, which will be ready for service in the second half of 2020.