Tech Vault Launches Direct Connect Service, Adds Megaport for Cloud Access
Tech Vault, a “green” and HIPAA, PCI DSS as well as SSAE-16 compliant colocation data center in the Northeast of the U.S., has launched a new service branded Tech Vault Direct Connect. Tech Vault is now also offering direct connectivity to leading public cloud providers via Megaport, a global Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) provider.
Tech Vault’s new service offering, Tech Vault Direct Connect, establishes a dedicated network link between a customer’s corporate office and the Tech Vault data center, and connects directly to the public cloud provider of choice via Megaport’s global software-defined network. Customers can either keep the link simple or create segmentation using VLANs and standard 802.1q trunking to maintain logical separation between public and private cloud resources.
“As IT stakeholders embrace public cloud to be part of their hybrid cloud strategies, they need high performing connectivity solutions that rapidly scale and reliably support the interoperation of cloud services,” said Eric Troyer, Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) of Megaport.
“As IT stakeholders embrace public cloud to be part of their hybrid cloud strategies, they need high performing connectivity solutions that rapidly scale and reliably support the interoperation of cloud services,” said Eric Troyer, Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) of Megaport. “We are pleased to partner with Tech Vault to make cloud connectivity easy for Tech Vault’s customers as we extend our platform reach and help more businesses get directly connected to the services they need.”
By utilizing Megaport’s SDN-based interconnection platform, Tech Vault customers can now combine our private cloud service offerings with a direct onramp service to leading public clouds to meet their specific business requirements. As a Megaport Connected Service, Tech Vault Direct Connect would offer customers:
- Choice – Direct private access to an industry-leading 171 cloud on-ramps and over on-net locations
- Security and Performance – Direct private connections that bypass the public Internet
- Marketplace – A global ecosystem of more than 350 service providers including Alibaba, AWS, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud, Microsoft Azure, Nutanix, Oracle Cloud, Salesforce, and SAP
- Ease-of-Use – Delivered from a self-service, “easy-to-use” Portal, Megaport services can be enabled and adjusted as you require – just like the cloud resources
- Optionality – Enable hybrid cloud, multi-cloud, and cloud-to-cloud architectures via point-and-click provisioning with the intelligent Megaport Cloud Router
- Performance – Localize applications and terminate traffic closer to the edge where performance matters
- Scalability – Elastic connectivity supports business needs and aligns to cloud consumption models
“Tech Vault chose to partner with Megaport because of its strong industry reputation and global network reach – it is the most competitive connectivity provider to the public cloud with unparalleled service and reach,” said John West, COO of Tech Vault. “As a colocation provider, network service provider, and now a direct connectivity provider, Tech Vault is the regional leader in offering redundancy and cost-effective hybrid IT solutions. Tech Vault Direct Connect further enhances our value proposition for both existing and prospective customers.”
Read more Data Center news on HostingJournalist.com.